WordPress 5.9 “Josephine” is the next stable release of the platform. Judging from the changes it brings, this is yet another stepping stone towards a better WordPress experience. It is also one that will change web development patterns altogether. For more clarity on how this new release is influencing the current state of the online world, feel free to read through this blog post carefully.
What Is Included?
WordPress 5.9 “Josephine” is the first major release of 2022, and it comes with a whole slew of new features and improvements. The most crucial change in this release is resizing images and drag-and-drop blocks within a Post or Page in the new block editor. Other significant changes include:
- The ability to preview a block pattern’s design before using it
- New shortcuts for text formatting
- A more refined UI for inserting cover backgrounds
- A new welcome guide with links to helpful documentation
The version also includes:
- Significant performance improvements for large sites
- Better support for native applications
- An extensive list of bug fixes, making WordPress even more secure and usable than ever before
Popularity of WordPress
Web development is taking a significant step forward with the release of WordPress 5.9 “Josephine”. This new platform will allow WordPress to continue its role as one of the web’s most popular CMS platforms, and it’s going to change the landscape of web development for years to come. The latest update has made it convenient for numerous casino sites to create their website on the platform. These sites contain games where you can play real money slots without compromising gameplay, for example.
Here’s what you need to know about the changes in the latest version of WordPress:
- You can now browse patterns for your site while viewing them on full screen
- Better block control means each section can be edited independently, and you can drag and drop your editing blocks around on the page
- New list view helps you toggle between sections while expanding and collapsing them
- You can add list items and HTML anchors to various blocks
WordPress has been a significant player in the development game. The CMS platform is beloved for its ease of use and powerful functionality, which allow anyone to create websites in a fraction of the time it used to take. With nearly 37% of websites worldwide running on WordPress, there’s no denying that it’s been one of the most critical tools for developers over the past two decades. With the 5.9 release, Josephine, this will only increase.
One of the things that has changed in 5.9 is working with images. From an expanded block library to updates to existing blocks and new features within blocks themselves, there are many exciting possibilities when working with images.
There are two main aspects of Josephine the developers focused on: security and performance. This change has shown that WordPress values the customer experience and will continue doing so in the years to come.