Chelsea vs. Liverpool
Liverpool and Chelsea could have somewhat different incentives for winning the FA Cup when the Premier League heavyweights meet in the 2021/22 showpiece at London’s Wembley Stadium.
Jurgen Klopp’s Reds are having such a spectacular season that the final of English football’s foremost cup competition is one of three fronts they are competing on, having already beaten Chelsea to the EFL Cup in February.
Although they have faltered in the Premier League title race, any slips by Manchester City could reignite Liverpool’s hopes of winning the top flight for the second time in four seasons, while a Champions League final against Real Madrid awaits in Paris on May 28.
Madrid ended Chelsea’s defense of their Champions League title in the quarterfinals. Thomas Tuchel’s side has all but secured a top-four finish in the Premier League after an end to their campaign dominated by the imminent sale of the club, and are looking to exorcise their FA Cup final defeat to Leicester City last season.
FA Cup final TV channel
|Sat, May 14
|Sat, May 14
|Sat, May 14
|Sun, May 15
|BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub
- UK: BBC1 and ITV1 will be showing the FA Cup final in the UK.
- USA: The FA Cup final is not televised in the USA and only available exclusively through the streaming platform ESPN+ (details below).
- Canada: Sportsnet and Sportsnet World will be televising the Liverpool-Chelsea final in Canada.
- Australia: The FA Cup final will not be televised on linear TV in Australia, but is available exclusively via streaming platform Paramount+ (details below).
FA Cup final live stream details
- UK: Fans in the UK can also Chelsea vs. Liverpool follow the action through the TV channels’ streaming platforms, BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub.
- USA: In the US, the final is available to stream in English and Spanish on ESPN+. An ESPN+ subscription costs $5.99 per month or $59.99 annually.
- Canada: In Canada, the FA Cup final can be streamed on the Sportsnet platform Sportsnet NOW.
- Australia: Paramount+, a new streaming service that launched in Australia last year, is broadcasting the FA Cup final. Subscriptions start from $8.99 a month or $89.99 for a full year. Free seven-day trials are also available for new customers.
FA Cup final date and time
Almost seven months after the first Chelsea vs. Liverpool round proper, the final brings the competition to a close — and, with it, another season of shocks and scintillating entertainment.
2022 final is set for Saturday, May 14, eight days before the final fixtures of the Premier League season.
The once-sacrosanct kickoff time of 15:00 in the UK has long been dispensed with, and the game begins at 16:45 local time this year.