A cool temperature allows employees to work their best and perform to their full potential in any organization or business. At present, many businesses or commercial areas starting from office buildings to restaurants, have one or two air conditioning systems in place. So, if you plan to start your business or don’t have the system installed, you can purchase the commercial AC unit for your commercial property. You will find many brands and models in the market with the right heating and cooling solution. But it can be challenging to choose from among them. So, read on to know the essential factors before choosing an air conditioning system for your business. Check it out.
- Identify the needs of your business: You will require commercial air conditioning systems depending upon the type of business you operate. This system can do more than just cooling your staff. If you are the owner of a store or a restaurant with commercial refrigerators and ice machines, you must ensure that these units remain cool as well. You will also need to determine the number of rooms and stories in your building. After all, you might have a specific room or multiple rooms that need to be cooled. If you run a school or an educational institute, you can ensure that the quality of the air will keep pollutants like smoke, dust, and dirt out of reach. It can positively impact the performance of the teachers and students. In case your business has valuable systems like computers, it is recommended to install the AC system for ventilation. When a computer is switched on at all times, it generates a huge amount of heat. Although the computers have built-in fans to keep the inner mechanics cool, ventilation and air-conditioning limit the amount of heat generated. It also keeps dust and humidity at bay. Due to these reasons, you must identify the needs of your business first.
- Check the different types of systems before deciding: It is important to know the types of air conditioning systems available in the market before purchasing one. Below listed are some high-quality systems for commercial purposes.
- Single split system: One of the most affordable types of AC units is the single split system. It is appropriate for small commercial buildings. It is a perfect solution for server rooms, shops, and small offices since heating and cooling is provided in individual rooms. You can also utilize the system to serve multiple rooms and larger spaces. Single splits are energy-efficient, effective, and extremely popular among small businesses.
- Multi-split system: Multi-split system is utilized in shops, doctor’s surgeries, offices, and restaurants. If you want to purchase this system and lack space in your office, make sure that you install a few outdoor units. It will help preserve the external appearance of your building.
- VRF or VRV system: VRV stands for variable refrigerant volume, whereas VRF stands for variable refrigerant flow. VRV or VRF system is ideal for medium to large businesses such as retail spaces, hotels, and mixed-use buildings. You can ensure that this commercial AC unit is efficient, easy to control, and reliable with the capability of meeting the heating and cooling requirements of the building. Heat pumps and heat recovery are two types of VRF systems. Heat pump systems can heat or cool the building, making them ideal for open plan areas. Heat recovery systems can simultaneously cool and heat different areas or a lot of individual rooms.
- Duct or ductless: Your ultimate decision lies in choosing duct and ductless systems. As the name suggests, a ductless system comes without ducts of sheet metal and utilizes air handlers to blow air separately. A ducted system utilizes ducts for cool or warm air to travel throughout the building. You can choose a ductless system if you have multiple rooms for cooling and want to add a new room to your commercial property. If your building has ducts, you can choose the ducted system to improve the airflow.