“I want to keep the performance of my TP-Link wireless repeater up to the mark. What should I do that can make this thing come true?”
Do you also want to enhance the performance of your repeater? Well, that can be done if you perform TP-Link repeater firmware update via http://tplinkrepeater.net. Are you not certain about the process? No worries. Simply have a look at the guidelines given in this article and learn how you can execute it.
How to Do TP-Link Extender Firmware Update?
- First of all, plug your TP-Link extender into a non-damaged wall socket.
- Press and hold the power button.
Note: The wall socket into which you have plugged your wireless strange extender should not be damaged from any point. Otherwise, your device won’t get a proper power supply.
- Take an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the TP-Link device to the host router using the cable.
Note: The cable in use ought to be free of damages. Apart from that, the connection between your devices should be anything but loose.
- Next, switch on your computer.
- If you use Google Chrome the most, open it.
Note: Ensure that your browser is running on its updated web browser. Also, make sure that the browsing history of the browser is not pent-up.
- Take the mouse cursor to the URL field.
- You are required to enter the default web address.
- Thus, enter the web address and press Enter.
- You will get welcomed by the tplinkrepeater login page.
- Insert the admin password and username.
- Click the Log In button.
- Have you reached the Quick Setup wizard? Good. Go to Settings.
- Under the System Tools option, click Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Right after you are done following the on-screen prompts, give your TP-Link repeater some time to get rebooted. Once the reboot process is over, it will signify that the firmware update has been completed successfully.
In case, you feel that the TP-Link repeater firmware update process is a little to execute manually, it is recommended that you opt for the TP Link app.
TP-Link Firmware Update via TP-Link App
Following the below-mentioned guidelines, performing TP-Link repeater firmware update using the TP-Link application is possible:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Download the TP Link app.
- You can by making your way to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Wait for the TP-Link to properly get installed.
Note: Don’t you dare perform any background activities on your device while the app is getting installed. Otherwise, the process will get interrupted.
- Once the installation process comes to an end, launch the app.
- Create an account using all the required personal details.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to answer some security questions.
- So, enter them.
- Log in to your TP-Link repeater via the default admin details.
Note: Do not enter the wrong username and password. Need help in remembering the default ones? Yes? Well then, refer to the user manual.
- Click the Check for Updates option.
- If any firmware update is available, hit Firmware Update.
With that, the process of TP-Link repeater firmware update using the TP-Link has come to an end. Now, you can fix bugs and errors. Not just that, but you can also enhance the overall performance of your wireless repeater.
The Bottom Line
If you want your TP-Link wireless repeater to function smoothly, regularly upgrading its firmware to the latest version is quite important. We hope that after walking through the guidelines mentioned above, performing TP-Link repeater firmware upgrade became a piece of cake for you.
Did you like reading this article? Whether your answer is a yes or no, it is recommended that share your feedback via the comment section with your fellow readers.