Are you looking for an appropriate Windows XP product key to install Windows XP? It is an essential need to install Windows XP. The procedure involves multiple steps starting from getting the product key to activating Windows XP. Before learning about all these procedures it is a must to understand the basic things about Windows XP that is a widely used operating system both at limited levels as well as the professional levels.
Learning about Windows XP
Created back in 2001 this operating system became extremely popular in very little time. People at levels enjoyed the features and praised the applicability of this Operating System. Since the first day of launch until today, the popularity graph has kept ascending. Although Microsoft 2011 is no longer supporting the OS still many users prefer using Windows XP more than the other operating systems available on the market. The problem of updates also persists but fame and satisfaction remain unrivaled. For the users of XP who want some kind of update the option of using the Serial XP product key is there so that they can get the updates and enjoy working with this OS. If the user has the option of Serial XP in the system, then there is no need to worry.
Who needs a product key?
There are two licensing agreements related to the Windows XP. These two variations include
- VOL or Volume Licensing for Organization
- VLK or Volume Licensing Key
In the case of the former, there is no need to have a product key. The copy of Windows can be easily installed without using a key. The latter on the other hand shows that the user has access to the retail edition of the Operating System. In this condition, it is very important to have a proper key if you want to install this Operating System.
Finding Window XP product key
If the user has bought the original version of the Windows XP CD/DVD, the serial key is written on it. If there is no serial key or the source of installation is not original, then it would become really hard to find the product key.
Microsoft is known for making use of several encryptions. It is an ordeal in finding the product key manually. Hence, the user needs to check other options available for this purpose as well. The two popular alternatives in this regard are as follows:
- Use a key finder to resolve the issue. Use the stock key to install a copy of Windows. With the help of the key finder downloaded on the system install the Windows XP program. As the user runs this program he can find the serial number by clicking on the find option. Write down the serial number appearing in the program.
- If the extraction process has not helped in finding the right product key, then the user can get assistance from the shady app meant for PC. It is recommended as a safe mode of settling the matter. The procedure is not too complex and can be handled even by a beginner. All the user has to do is to find the appropriate key from the available list and then copy it before completing the installation.
List of Working Windows XP Product KeyWindows XP Product Keys Free
Working List of Windows XP Product Keys & Serial Number 64 & 32 Bit
Windows XP Professional Product Keys for [32-bit Edition]
Windows XP Professional Product Keys for [64-bit Edition]
Which Bit option is required for Windows XP?
Some users find it tough to decide which option is a must need for Windows XP. The creators have introduced it for both the options of bits that are 32 bits and 64 bits. The choice depends upon the kind of processor which is either 32 bit or 64 bit. The operating system is chosen accordingly. For heavy jobs, the second option is preferable as the 64-bit version gives better and larger memory.
If you intend to choose the best option, then it is possible by following the given steps:
- Reach out for the system option on the start menu that can be accessed after right-clicking the start button.
- Open the properties after right-clicking the computer.
- After accessing the System tab, a list of versions related to Windows appears on the computer screen. Considering the processor choose the right option from the list of versions.
How to use different product keys?
The user can enjoy the options of Windows XP Home and professional product keys. To use the most appropriate Windows XP product key the following steps are recommended.
- Open the properties option after right-clicking on Start and then Computer.
- Click the activation windows option. By accessing this option, the user gets the chance to alter the Windows XP Professional product key. Simply click and then enter the required product key.
- The activation process completes after waiting for the wizard for some time.
- All these are completely genuine options. Updating the system in this way can keep the computer updated and prevent it from getting damaged.
Altering and Replacing Windows XP Product Key
It is not a tough task to replace the product key after installing it on the system. The process involves the following steps:
- Click Start and then Run on the Windows XP.
- After the dialogue box appears type Regedit to proceed further.
- It will take the user to the registry edit option from where he can further access the path H thus making it possible to observe the value.
- Make the required changes and confirm the entry by OK command.
- Type %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe/a, after opening the Run option from the Start menu.
- Select Yes for the option stating activate Windows. Change the product key followed by restarting the system.
Activating the Product key without a key
If the product key is not correct then there is nothing to worry about. Follow a few steps and see the things happening.
- Access the run dialogue box by clicking on the start option.
- After typing Regedit the moment registry appears asking to expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
- Explore the Software followed by accessing the Microsoft and the Windows NT. The OOBET timer in the right panel pops up after opening WPAEvents.
- The value can be changed at once after double-clicking OOBET value.
- Make the required changes.
- Click on the permissions option after right-clicking on WPA events.
- The permission window takes the user to the System Tab. Avoid the full control and click OK before proceeding for the final step and that is restarting.