The United States has more sports stadiums than any other nation in the world, did you know that? Basketball, soccer, and countless more sports are all significant components of American society.
The players are at risk of harm if the game you are playing is improperly illuminated. Additionally, spectators won’t be able to view the game or find their way around the arena.
You must take the help and support of the LED Light Expert professionals to select the best sports lights for your coming project.
What are stadium lights?
Stadium lights are powerful sporting lights mounted at great heights. They often use beam angles between ten and sixty degrees, which are rather tiny.
The light is more intense when the beam angle is smaller. Depending on the available area, a stadium light can be mounted at different heights. Depending on how high the light is positioned, beam angles will vary.
These lights are dynamic, simple to control, and economical in energy. In sports arenas, LED is extremely common and can be used well for any sport.
Ordinary and specialized LED lights are available. Professional stadiums typically employ specialized LED lighting that can accommodate the unique requirements of stadiums. Its key distinctions from regular LED lights are:
- Athletes, officials, and spectators can all feel more comfortable thanks to the professional LED stadium lights’ customized color temperatures for different stadium kinds.
- High thermal conductivity materials are used in the LED lights used in sporting events. While standard LEDs use generic aluminum profiles, this technology and materials reduce energy consumption and lessen the weight of the lamps, particularly because of the improved thermal conductivity.
- Professional LED stadium lamps have a color rendering index of at least 80, which enhances color realism and brings back the stadium’s natural beauty. The normal LED screen’s human face became distorted and blurry.
- Special LED stadium lighting lights have glare control, overflow light, and no light pollution. Overflow and glare can be efficiently avoided by using professional light distribution design, which can cut the amount of overflow light in public spaces by more than 37%. The ubiquitous and dispersed light of standard LED bulbs. People are often disturbed by lights.
- The professional light distribution technology used by the LED lamp has exceptional energy-saving effects. Different light distribution strategies produce precise lighting and more uniform illumination. The effects of standard LED lighting will feature glaringly black spots and uneven illumination.
Keep in mind the following few things while selecting LED sport lights:
- Look for quality
The benefits of using high-quality items are evident. Look for premium components while making your LED light purchases. The LED driver is the most crucial part of any LED light, and choosing a premium manufacturer ensures that your LED light will continue to work as intended for a very long time.
Given the higher quality driver, less maintenance will be required over time, and it will be known that the light will operate as intended without flaws and anomalies like flicker and power loss. High-end LED modules in lights will boost their efficiency and durability over time.
- Ensure that the lights remain weather proof
Stadium lights are frequently installed outside where they are subject to dampness, rain, humidity, and other elements that might harm electronics. To ensure that your lights can withstand the elements, make sure they have a waterproof above.
Additionally, UL-listed lights give you peace of mind that comes from knowing that the light you buy has received independent safety certification.
- Look for high color rendering index
The Color Rendering Index (CRI) gauges a light’s capacity to render an object’s colors accurately. If the CRI is high, the colors of the items are very similar to how they would appear in ideal or natural lighting. Be on the lookout for lights with a CRI of 75 or better.
- Light color
There are possibilities for light colors, but 5000K is the best option for sports because it is pure white. Additionally referred to as Kelvin or Color Correlated Temperature, lights color (CCT).
A frequently disregarded factor in stadium lighting is CCT.
The traditional hue of the beam has always been white, but depending on the impact you want to achieve, you might desire a softer tone.
Getting rid of glare is a key element. Glare can interfere with a game, and too much can make the audience’s experience unpleasant. All of our lights have glare prevention features built in, such as premium optic lenses and shields.
In order to reduce glare in your specific stadium lighting system, you will also need a solid understanding of the angles as well as the intensity combinations for your lights.
Where you should use LED stadium lighting?
Despite the fact that LED sports lights may be used for a variety of sports, you will want to use them differently based on the sport being played.
Football stadium lighting must be directed toward the field from the viewpoint of the spectators. Football grounds are laid out on a grid with sharp edges, thus controlling the light’s angle is crucial.
In order to prevent overheating, your outdoor stadium lights should also be waterproof and have sufficient ventilation.
Football fields are well covered. Therefore, you want to ensure that the lights have a low glare rating.
On the other hand, a tennis court will be much more contained. The court is typically fenced in and is not very large. Utilizing a lot of little lights will allow you to control the lighting design more effectively without worrying about spillage.
Basketball is a different well-liked sport. This sport is nearly usually played inside at the professional level.
The smooth surface and enclosed interior court call for caution when choosing the lighting. When it comes to playing indoor basketball, glare is a real and deadly issue.
Being a closed area, there won’t be much room for lighting. Basketball courts frequently have overhead lighting. Additionally, indoor volleyball and hockey matches can be lit in this way.