The reasons why many young people want to enter Stanford University
Stanford University is always at the top of the rankings of the best universities in the world. If you are thinking about which university your children will study in or if you are interested in a career or a postgraduate degree, the following information is worth reading.
“The farm”, as Stanford University is also known, is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, in Palo Alto, California. In fact, this university greatly influenced the fact that the most innovative technology companies were built around it for many years.
There are many, many reasons why young people from 77 different countries want to enter this university, but I would like to mention 3 in particular:
As mentioned above, Stanford is in Silicon Valley, the best place for technological innovations. What better place to study than being surrounded by companies like Apple, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, and hundreds of companies created by tech entrepreneurs.
More than 25 Nobel prizes have passed through the classrooms of Stanford University, in addition, people such as Marissa Mayer, the current Director of Yahoo, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, creators of Google and the founders of Instagram, have graduated from here.
Your educational offering Stanford University
Stanford University offers different careers through its 7 schools or faculties: School of Business, School of Earth Sciences, Energy and Environment, School of Education, School of Engineering, School of Sciences and Humanities, School of Law, and Medical School.
It sounds great to pursue a degree here, but how much does it cost to study at Stanford University? The truth is that it is not cheap at all, being a private university, the expenses are approximately more than 40 thousand dollars a year, just for tuition, to which we must add housing costs and materials that are occupied as books.
Not to be discouraged, more than 70% of students receive financial aid, and students whose parents have an annual income of less than $ 100,000 are expected to pay no tuition, depending on academic merits and availability of funds.
If you want to calculate what you should pay to study at Stanford University, you can do it here. It may sound expensive to pay thousands of dollars in education, but if we take into account that it is one of the best universities in the world, that it is located in Silicon Valley, and that the biggest stars in the world of technology can pass through its facilities, as Steve Jobs did with his graduation speech for graduates because the truth is that it is a fair price.
From my point of view, the cost of the Stanford university should not be the first barrier, since there are various organizations, such as AMEXCID and The Common Application, that can help in this matter. Rather, we must take care to have a perfect command of the English language and be a student of academic excellence to be able to aspire to universities of this type. Here are some tips for studying at Stanford University
– Prepare for the admission test. This high-level Stanford University has a demanding entrance exam, do your duty as an applicant is to study deeply to obtain all the necessary knowledge and pass it successfully. For this, it is advisable to take a preparation course offered by many specialized institutions in providing tools to students who want to enter universities.
– Develop extracurricular skills. Although high school grades are very important for you to be admitted, it is not the only thing that the recruiters evaluate. On the contrary, the review of the applications is quite detailed and qualities such as leadership, commitment, initiative, and responsibility are of great value.
- – Build your resume. You should be as creative as possible in your design, as this draws a lot of attention.
- – Tell me about you. In your cover letter, be as personal as possible, do it with your style and tell about everything that has marked you in life.
- – Don’t neglect grades in high school. At the end of the day, it is still a relevant factor and taken into account.
We hope this brief guide was helpful!