Where do permanently deleted photos go?
“Hello! I can’t find an answer regarding my answer after reading different websites. If I delete a photo from my device and iCloud and I also permanently deleted it, is it gone or can it still be seen by Apple? I already read that the photos are still on the server and can be recovered with different programs. However, after 30 days, the data has to be overwritten or the server has to be cleaned by Recover Apple. So are these photos really gone? Thank you in advance for your help.”
Wanting to know where do permanently deleted photos go on iPhone? If you’re looking for the answer to this question, you’ve come to the right place. Please scroll down.
After deletion, your iOS will remove the deleted photos from the file category and flag the storage of the deleted image files as free space. If you’re going to write new data to the free space, your recently deleted photos will be overwritten by newly taken image files.
After data wiping, you will not find the deleted photos in the Recently Deleted folder because they have transformed into permanentlydeleted photos. For a better iPhone data recovery rate, please avoid taking new pictures with Wi-Fi after losing photos.
How to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone?
At this point, are you wondering how to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone? You can restore your iPhone from iCloud/iTunes backups or seek help from iPhone data recovery software. Please pay attention to its premises before following one of them.
Recover permanently deleted photos from iCloud/iTunes backups
Released by Apple, iCloud/iTunes backups are good hedge against data loss on iPhone.
If you prefer to recover permanently deleted photos from iCloud/iTunes backup, please ensure your selected iCloud/iTunes backup includes your needed photos because of the following reasons.
- Your existing data on your iPhone will be replaced by your selected iCloud/iTunes backup. Moreover, you cannot preview and select some files before restoration.
- If you have activated iCloud Photos, your iCloud (not your iCloud backup) will save these photos. With Wi-Fi, these photos will be synced and updated automatically to iCloud.com after logging in the iCloud.com with the same Apple ID.
Let’s perform how to recover permanently deleted photos from iCloud backups first.
Step 1. Click “Settings” > “General” > “Reset” > “Erase All Content and Settings.”
Step 2. Your iOS device will reboot. Please click the “Restore from iCloud Backup” button on the Apps & Data screen.
Step 3. Sign into your Apple account and select an iCloud backup from the listed iCloud backups.
If you’re more familiar with iTunes, you can recover permanently deleted photos from iTunes backups with the following steps.
Step 1. Run the latest iTunes on your computer. Then connect your iOS device to the PC and click the “iPhone” icon.
Step 2. Click “Summary” > “Restore Backup.”
Step 3. Select an iTunes backup you want and click the “Restore” button.
Recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone without backup
How to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone without backup? Professional iPhone data recovery software like AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS seems like another solution because it can exempt you from making prepared backups and offer the biggest data recovery potential.
This powerful tool makes up for the shortcomings of iCloud and iTunes backups as well as provides a better user experience with you. Let’s have a closer look at its fascinating features below.
Highlights of AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS:
- You just need to ensure your iPhone is on and the data can be read by your PC.
- You’re allowed to preview all the files and select your needed photos before iPhone data recovery.
- It enables you to recover photos, videos, contacts, notes, voice memos,call history, calendar, reminders, WeChat history, Safari bookmarks, and so on.
- It supports iPhone, iPad, as well as iPod and is compatible with the latest iOS 15.
Three easy-to-follow steps can help you recover permanently deleted photos on your iPhone. So don’t hesitate to download and install this tool on your computer now!
Step 1. After running AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS on your PC. Then connect your iOS device to the connected PC.
Step 2. Please “Trust This Computer” on your iOS device and click the “Scan Now” button to begin the scanning process.
Step 3. After scanning, select the image files you want to restore and click the “Recover” button.
How do I protect my data on iPhone?
As you can see, this post lists the most efficient method on how to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone 11, 12, 13, and 14.
To ensure a higher iPhone data recovery rate, please stop writing new data to your iOS devices after data loss. More importantly, please don’t try until you’ve found a trustable method to avoid the second damage. Naturally, asking for help from professional data recovery services is the most secure way.
Please take the following data loss prevention tips into consideration and follow one of them to prevent data loss on your iPhone. Does this post address your issues?
- Go to Settings>Your Name>Find My to ensure Find My iPhone is enabled. If your iPhone is lost or stolen, you can use another iOS device to find your iPhone.
- Please think twice before emptying your Recently Deleted folder.
- Free software to backup iPhone, AOMEI MBackupper allows you to restore your iPhone with the full/selective backup without erasing all the existing iPhone data.